Magikarp (Japanese: コイキング Koiking) is a Water-type Pokémon introduced in Generation I.
Magikarp has the ID number 198 in Pokémon Duel.
It evolves into Gyarados.
|Base Wheel Size||Name||Move Type||Move Effect||Damage|
Ability description and explanation:
"Rapid Evolution - When this Pokémon faints in battle, you can evolve it without sending it to the P.C."
- Let's face it. In a vacuum, Magikarp is the worst figure in Pokémon Duel, but is anyone really surprised? The only reason why you want Magikarp on your team is the one reason why it is so incredibly good. Its ability. Even if it gets knocked out it can choose to evolve instead. This means it won't leave the board, but turn into Gyarados, the serpentine Chinese dragon-like Pokémon. Because of this, Magikarp can actually be used very well both offensively and defensively. Most people does not dare to touch it because of how strong Gyarados is. One good way of playing Magikarp is if you already have a 2/3 mp figure on the opponents entry point and there is only one figure on their goal. Try moving Magikarp in on the opposite side of the goalie. If the opponent can't surround Magikarp, Soar over or knock out the figure on the entry point, you essentially win.
- When the opponent has a Magikarp on their team ready to evolve, try surrounding it instead. This won't evolve it, but rather knock it out.
- There is a bug in the game that sometimes occurs when using AI tickets. When Magikarp evolves, the figure may not change its visuals. Instead, it stays a Magikarp, but it has the wheel of Gyarados in battle. This can create some funny situations where the new god of the sea, Magikarp, knocks out other figures back and forth with its 110 Hyper Beam. (Tested up to, and including, V3.0.6)
- Magikarp is a unique reward.
- Focus on Flail when you level up your Magikarp. This can create some funny moments when Magikarp gets lucky with its 10 Damage and knocks out a crazy powerful legendary figure that spins a miss.
- It is not recommended that you use any plates on Magikarp, but X Attack could be useful when attacking weak enemies.